How did that happen?

"Do you think I've kept the sink nice and shiny?" asked Dad when I arrived on Thursday.
"I've moved that cable up the stairs because I knew you wouldn't be happy about it still being there when you got home," said Keith after I got back this afternoon.
After spending most of my adult life complaining that no-one ever takes any notice of things I say, it's a bit disconcerting, to say the least, to find at least two people apparently hanging on my every word.
How did I manage to do that, then?
Or is it something else that comes with advancing years?  :)

8 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Love it! Power - only we know how!! lol loved this xxx

Yorkshire Pudding said...

It's a plot hatched in tandem by Keith and your father. The purpose of this plot will become clear as time advances.

Jennytc said...

Nothing to beat power, mrsnesbitt. :)

YP, refer to mrsnesbitt's comment. ;)

Dad said...

Remember that Jenny was a teacher.
That explains all

murphyfish said...

Have to go along with YP, it's a conspiracy that may herald a devious plan indeed....

Shooting Parrots said...

Mother's day? It won't last.

Jennytc said...

OK. I'll come clean. I was a deputy head and at the sound of my jackboots echoing down the corridor, people ran for cover!

Jennytc said...

It's Father's Day that's the upstart, SP! ;)

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...