Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them for now, but Keith has been working away on the walls of the kitchen, which were panelled à la Seventies and then painted white, except for a built in cupboard where the interior panels had been left in that fetching orange-brown colour so beloved of householders in the seventies.
I have to say, it has been quite cathartic ripping the wood off the walls and flattening the myriad of protruding nails ready for the trip to the tip, although I was not allowed to do any of the ripping, being relegated to the nail-flattening. Nor am I allowed to use the electric saw (or any saw, in fact) on the longer pieces of wood. Keith definitely needs to work on his delegating skills and I need to join a wood-ripping union.



However, the walls have nearly all been battened  now and covered with plaster board, prior to having a skim of plaster ready for painting in due course.
We also now have a new double wall cupboard to replace the orange, built in ones and pretty soon, Keith will be expecting a constant stream of gourmet meals because I will have a top notch kitchen in which to produce them. This could be a bit of a double edged sword, as I'm not too keen on spending my future life in the kitchen, but it will be a relief to have somewhere that is clean, hygienic and looks good.
I think we can probably say that we are getting there, albeit taking the scenic route but there you are, Rome was not built in a day!

No comments:

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...