RIP Beachhutman

I am writing this in a state of shock, as I have just learned from Flighty's blog that one of my favourite bloggers, Beachhutman, aka George has recently died. I first came into contact with George when I moved my blog to '20six', which later became Platform 27 and he sent me a welcome comment with an aside that he thought maybe I was a fellow Archers' fan. At that time, George was facing huge problems in his life, many of which he wrote about on his 'Wrangling Wrinklies' blog but gradually, he got his life back on course and began a great new life commuting between China and Spain.
My thoughts about George are that he was an intelligent, witty, sensitive man who was also very talented, as a writer and artist and, as he was only in his early sixties, I find it hard to believe that he is no longer with us. From what I can gather from his blog, he fell ill with 'flu which proved to be far worse than originally thought.
I'm sorry I never met you in reality, George but I feel I have lost a friend. The blogging world is strange like that.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like you I never met George but feel that we would have got on famously if we had.
It saddens me that he never got to retire and spend the rest of his days happily painting in the Spanish sunshine with the help of a glass of wine or two!
Take care. xx

Anonymous said...

I didn't know George, either in real life or through his blog, but it's always a shock when a fellow blogger dies. And it's very sad, too. I'm sorry. :(

Jennytc said...

Flighty, I think that's the saddest thing, that things were finally going so well for him and he didn't live long enough to get the full benefit.
Jay, you're right, it seems like losing a friend in the 'real' world.

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...