Runcorn Bridge :-(

For the second time in 12 months, 'they' are digging up Runcorn Bridge again. Well, they're doing something that requires cones, speed restrictions and endless queues of traffic anyway. Ours not to reason why. They couldn't have been thoughtful and considerate and left it until 23rd July (day after end of term).
As I zoom effortlessly from the sliproad onto the bridge (always supposing someone there is kind enough to let me in!), as I zoom... at, oooh, at least 5 miles an hour, I am struck by a blue police sign which indicates that this is a police speed check area! I would be more than happy if there was the remotest chance of reaching the 20 mph current speed limit! Still, someone in the Highways Agency obviously has a sense of humour!
(21 working days to go till the end of term!!)

No comments:

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...