"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Sunday, April 03, 2011

How did that happen?

"Do you think I've kept the sink nice and shiny?" asked Dad when I arrived on Thursday.
"I've moved that cable up the stairs because I knew you wouldn't be happy about it still being there when you got home," said Keith after I got back this afternoon.
After spending most of my adult life complaining that no-one ever takes any notice of things I say, it's a bit disconcerting, to say the least, to find at least two people apparently hanging on my every word.
How did I manage to do that, then?
Or is it something else that comes with advancing years?  :)

8 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Love it! Power - only we know how!! lol loved this xxx

Yorkshire Pudding said...

It's a plot hatched in tandem by Keith and your father. The purpose of this plot will become clear as time advances.

Jennyta said...

Nothing to beat power, mrsnesbitt. :)

YP, refer to mrsnesbitt's comment. ;)

Dad said...

Remember that Jenny was a teacher.
That explains all

Murphyfish said...

Have to go along with YP, it's a conspiracy that may herald a devious plan indeed....

Shooting Parrots said...

Mother's day? It won't last.

Jennyta said...

OK. I'll come clean. I was a deputy head and at the sound of my jackboots echoing down the corridor, people ran for cover!

Jennyta said...

It's Father's Day that's the upstart, SP! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails