"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Little Ginger Cat again

Arriving home this evening in pouring rain, I was greeted by Little Ginger Cat. If she had had fists, she'd have been battering the door down. I managed to get it open for her to caterpault herself in and hurl herself into the kitchen where she prowled around looking at me hopefully with that 'I'm starving' look on her face that cats do so well. As I had nothing in the way of food to give her, I fished out an old saucer and gave her some milk (don't tell Keith), which she demolished in seconds. A further helping followed and then...
the ungrateful little madam stood at the back door waiting to shoot out as soon as I opened it.
There's gratitude for you!

9 comments:

Flighty said...

I've known one or two like that over the years.
Have a good weekend.

Beachhutman said...

Milk is BAd for cats! NAUGHTY Jenny!

Jennyta said...

Thanks, Flighty, you too.
George, I know it's not the best thing to give them but I had nothing else and she was very hungry. She's still around to tell the tale, anyway.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Typical female - shooting off as soon as she has what she wants - be it a string of pearls, a nice meal, a baby or an exotic holiday (NOT in Wales by the way!)

Wallo said...

youre too soft Jenny! Tell little ginger that it's give and take! xx

Jennyta said...

YP, you're just an old male chauvinist piglet! ;)
Wallo, all heart, that's me!

krip said...

Bin the cat and get an old faithful hound. Now there is unrequited love for you.

krip said...

YP. Pearl necklace?

Jennyta said...

You're right, Krip, but it wouldn't be fair to get another dog at the moment as we are both out so much.
YP - pearls went out with the ark. You're out of touch, mon ami! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails