Spring forward

It's amazing how disruptive the change between Greenwich Mean Time and Summer Time can be. This morning I arrived for my counselling course, as usual at 8.45 to find the car park empty. Not even the tutor's car was there. So I parked, spent a couple of moments changing the clock in the car and waited..........and waited. Maybe I had got the time wrong, but, no, a quick check on the radio told me that it was indeed a quarter to nine as I thought. Maybe I had got the day wrong. Our course is alternate Saturdays and Sundays. I tried to think back to the previous week - it was a blur now lost in the mists of time. At 8.55, I was about to ring Keith to ask him to check my diary for me when another student's car arrived and then another. We stood in the car park. Surely the tutor wouldn't have forgotten about the hour change? After all she is always so organised.
I rang her home number. She answered.
"We're here," I said, at ............................ House."
Why?"
"Well, it's nine o'clock."
There was an explosion at the other end. "Oh, s....! It's the hour! I'll be there as soon as I can!"
She arrived, breathless and full of apologies half an hour later.
But 5 of the 16 students in the class didn't. Wonder if they are still snoozing peacefully?

No comments:

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...