Being nice

Keith has been being very nice to me these last few days - not, I hasten to add, that he is ever not nice - don't get the wrong impression. Maybe 'thoughtful' is a better word; those extra little touches that make one say, "Ah, isn't that nice!"
To start with, he is downloading James Joyce's 'Ulysses' for me to listen to on my MP3 player - of his own accord, without being asked! Now that has got to come into the 'thoughtful' category, hasn't it?
Then, last night, he decided to make a trifle (don't ask!). Yes we did have one at Christmas but he decided he'd like another one, so he made an express one, without jelly, as he couldn't find any, and as a finishing touch, he traced my name on it in hundreds and thousands! More than 'thoughtful' - verging towards 'sweet' I would have thought.
My problem is, I am wondering what's behind it all. What is the catch? The only thing I can think of is that, some time in the near future, he is going to be seeking my agreement on covering the dining table with bits of Camaro engine. Well, I can't think of anything else. But I can anticipate what my answer will be - the second word is 'off'!!!

4 comments:

Rev. Kimberly Rich said...

There is almost always a catch. Be on guard. lol
Have a great day!!!

Love and Light

gemmak said...

I'de make the most of it while it lasts and worry about the payback when it presents itself! heh.

Michelle said...

Hmmm me thinks an ulterior motive is not far away..LOL

Dale said...

Second word is 'off'. Hmmmmm .... Whatever could you mean by that, dear Jenny? I hope you don't mean to tell poor Keith, "Get off me!"

Hi Jenny. I just popped in for a quick inspection. Everything seems to be in order here. You carry on then. LOL!!

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...