More fun and games

Today brought another dialogue with our favourite furniture shop. Once again, having been promised a phone call, I had to ring them, to be told that we were still no further forward, upon which I again mentioned the magic word "refund". The reaction to this was a promise that someone higher up would ring me shortly and Lesley, the lady I was speaking to, ensured that she had my mobile and work phone numbers. A little later, I did indeed get another phone call - from the warehouse, informing me that our furniture could be delivered on October 14th. This person had no knowledge of, and less interest in, all that had gone before. (A mental picture of her sitting there yawning and filing her nails arose in my mind.) To cut a long story short, the choice was between 14th and 20th, on both of which we can only take delivery in the morning but not the afternoon. She promised a text message 2 days beforehand (again) to inform me of the time and said that, if it was not convenient, I could ring the warehouse and change it.
"And who shall I ask for?" I asked. "Oh, not me, I won't be here. I'm only temporary," was the reply.
Arriving home after work, there was a message on the answerphone. You've got it - Jenny, boss lady at the furniture shop, ringing to tell me that all the stops were being pulled out to find our furniture, they even had one of the directors on the case and she would ring me again tomorrow to let me know if any developments.
Two things sprang to mind:
a) The shop had my mobile and work number as I was not at home, but of course, they had to use our home number.

b) Where have all these emails gone that were supposedly flying between the shop and the warehouse and WHY does NOBODY seem to have read them????

So now we have the shop trying to track down some furniture which has disappeared and at the same time, a warehouse trying to deliver it!
Confused? You will be!!!

No comments:

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...