Horoscopes

I read my horoscope when I remember, which is now and again. If I like the sound of it, I believe it; if I don't, I consider it to be absolute runbbish. Keith, in common, I suspect, with many men, thinks it's all rubbish anyway and isn't in the slightest bit interested but I just had to read his aloud to him for today....

This is bound to be a wonderful day, Keith, and it almost doesn't matter how you spend it. At work, colleagues are chatty and friendly and work progresses smoothly. At home, children are especially polite and the talk around the dinner table is warm and fun. Why not cap off the day sitting by a cozy fire, wrapped in an afghan and reading a favorite book aloud to your partner.

So, how accurate was it?
Well, to start with, he had a fraught day building a computer that took most of the day, finding components that were faulty or had been badly packed and searching for things he had put down which had then been tidied up or thrown away (NOT by me, I hasten to add!) so work definitely did not progress smoothly. Colleagues i.e. the rest of us, tended not to be chatty - we just steered clear of the storm! No children at home to be polite or otherwise, talk at the dinner table was quiet as I had a headache. Cozy fire not needed as it has been warm and overcast all day. Afghan? Keith is adamant he doesn't know any and would they let themselves be wrapped round him if he did? What about reading then? No joy there either - it's not one of his favourite pastimes - he prefers to torture me by watching Scrapheap Challenge, Salvage Squad and other rubbish (I mean programmes) of that ilk! Oh well, maybe the crystal ball needed cleaning today. Better luck tomorrow!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol....I have to agree with keith's view of horoscopes on this one, tho not his choice of viewing :o)

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...