"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Snoring? Or not

"I didn't disturb you too much last night, did I?" Keith enquired solicitously this morning. He has been suffering from a cold which has meant that the arms of Morpheus have not been all-encompassing for the past few nights.
"No," I said, "but you might want to work on NOT arguing with me when I tell you you are snoring. After all, I am the one who is awake at the time, so I KNOW whether you are snoring or not!"
He did have the grace to look slightly abashed...

8 comments:

  1. I sound like a pig with a gas mask on at night!!! hey ho

    ReplyDelete
  2. You conjure up such a delightful picture, John! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is this Morpheus woman who shares your bed? You've never mentioned her before. Is she the kitchen-maid?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who says it's a Morpheus woman? I'm the one losing sleep. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! I know this so well! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have my sympathies as a fellow sufferer, mrsnesbitt. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too! Comforting to know that I am not alone but no consolation in the early hours of the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think maybe earplugs will be the next step, CW! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails