When Can I eat them?

This morning I went to buy my compost bin, some more containers and some seed potatoes and carrot and parsnip seeds, although I couldn't get started in the garden until this afternoon because 'rain stopped play'.
So this afternoon, I have been mainly gardening. Tomato, chard, spinach and dwarf runner beans have been duly planted and my aching back duly massaged. (Note to self: You are not quite as agile and fit as you thought!)
Then Keith came home.
"Have you planted them then?" he queried, his gaze travelling through the back window.
"Two hours ago," I said.
"Oh good." Upon closer inspection, his face fell. "When am I going to be able to eat them then? They haven't grown yet. Get K**** on the phone. She didn't tell us we'd have to wait for them to grow!"
"Should be ready about July, I think," I said nonchalantly. "Not long really."



No comments:

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...