"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Monday, June 05, 2006

Lady of leisure

My spell of supply with the lovely Reception class in finished, half term was last week, although some schools are off this week as well, and I am ready for action.
Up at the crack of dawn, showered, dressed, hair-brushed, made up, breakfasted, sitting to attention on the sofa waiting for a phone call to say,
"Can you go to ....................School, a Y? class?"

Nine o'clock, and the phone has stayed resolutely silent.........

No excuse not to clean the car then. :(

6 comments:

  1. Just enjoy the leisure time while you get it Jenny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what did you do? Will you be waiting by the phone tomorrow too? I hope you enjoyed the lovely weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly don't know what to say, but I felt I had to say it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Star, the enjoyment of freedom is tainted by the lack of money coming my way. ;)
    SP, I do appreciate the thought.
    Ellee, in term time, I am always up and fairly ready because I get phone calls, when they come, any time between 7.30 and 8.45.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAhhh well then, you'll have time to tidy up NASA!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Except that I don't have a death wish, Michelle! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails