"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Printer sir?

Today's 'clever' customer came in to ask about printing films from his digital camera. While I was trying to think of a polite way to tell him that digital cameras don't actually have films, it transpired that he was referring to a particular photo printer and wanted to know more about it so I showed him that model and then another, more versatile one. I talked for several minutes about the printer and the ink cartridges needed for it and then, interrupting me in mid-sentence, he suddenly said,
"Oh, I'll have to go and get the paper. My wife will think I've got lost."
With that, he turned tail and charged out of the shop.
Something I said................???

4 comments:

  1. Obviously you where too intelligent for him

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like me. I must have died and gone to Wales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean you rush out of shops like that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You blog sure gets quite a few comments. I'm going to read thru your posts and see why you are generating so much interest. Bye. Ms. Epson stylus cartridges

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails