Favouritism?

Now I don't want you to take this as an anti-man post - it isn't, but a couple of incidents yesterday reminded me that, even in this age of sex equality, it is still a man's world.
The first incident happened in Kwik-Save, whilst waiting to be served. I was in the 'quick' queue and the man in front of me was having difficulty opening his carrier bag in order to put his shopping in. Those bags are notoriously difficult but whenever I have problems with them, the shop assistant always stands (or sits) there, fingers drumming either physically or metaphorically while I duly struggle with the damned bag and the line of people behind me grows ever longer and more fidgety. But when it's a man....guess what! The shop assistant takes pity on him, commiserates with his difficulty, apologises for the resolutely closed state of the bag and then opens it for him and helps him pack it!
The second incident involved the newsagent on the same site as our shop. When I went in there and asked if they had a particular magazine, having searched for it in vain on the shelf, after a very cursory glance at the shelf, the answer I got was, "No, we haven't got it."
However, when Keith's son,Giles, went in search of a boring magazine about American cars, not only was it ordered for him but it was brought round to the shop for him!!! How unfair is that!!!
However, as I say, this is not an anti-man post......honest.......!! No, really......it isn't......

No comments:

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...