The eyes have it!

Today was optician day.
"I'm not going!" said Keith. "Yes you are," I said. That's why I made our appointments for the same morning.
"Well I'm not having the puffy thing," said Keith.
"That's between you and the optician," I said.
And so it was. The optician tried but Keith is unable to keep his eyes open for the requisite time, so it was stalemate.
However, he did pass the field test - with flying colours.
"That's good. I can see a field!" he said.
The optician looked rather nonplussed and retired hurriedly to the sanctuary of his room.
This afternoon, I received a call from the surgery with an invitation from my GP to come in and discuss the results of my ultrasound.
Oh joy!


9 comments:

Shooting Parrots said...

I'm with Keith - I hate the puffy thing. And I'm not keen on the glaucoma test either.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

"Puffy thing"? You mean - as in "puff"? Having met Keith, I didn't realise he was that way inclined. Ah well, it takes all sorts.

Cro Magnon said...

I don't know what the 'Puffy Thing' is either. I do occasionally go to have my eyes poked because of my light Diabetes; they squeeze stinging drops into my eyes. Charming, I'm not going again.

Jennytc said...

Me neither, SP but he has to be a big brave boy! ;)

Jennytc said...

Oddly enough, YP, no I don't mean as in 'puff' ;)

Jennytc said...

The puffy thing is the machine that blows air into your eyes to measure the intra-ocular pressure. I have those drops when I go to the hospital because I have highish pressure - it's HORRIBLE!

Flighty said...

I have had regular eye tests for most of my life and the 'puffer' is the one thing that I've never got used to! Flighty xx

Jennytc said...

Compared with the dreaded drops, it's a breeze, Flighty! ;)

Flighty said...

I'm happy to take your word on that! Flighty xx

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...