Treats

There is a ritual in our house which takes place every evening. Keith decides to have a snack, which he does. The dogs know that once he has finished, he will have biscuits in his pocket for them, three bone shaped ones for Paddy and one for Jake. Jake delicately breaks his up and eats it in pieces in the same length of time as Paddy practically swallows his three whole.
What is interesting, though, is the different ways in which they prepare themselves.
Jake is all action, planting himself firmly at Keith's feet as if to say, "I'm here waiting. Don't forget me!"
Paddy, on the other hand, is much more circumspect. He has known the drill longer than Jake and has been lying on the sofa, apparently snoozing, but in reality, keeping his gimlet eyes on Keith's every move. As soon as he sees Keith''s hand go to his pocket, he slides smoothly off the sofa and is at Jake's side in a trice.




6 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I bet Keith also tosses fun-sized "Milky Way" bars to you! Do you use Jake's direct method or Paddy's more nonchalant style?

Jennytc said...

No he doesn't YP because, unlike him, my diet is not filled with rubbish. ;)

Cro Magnon said...

I give 'Bonio's' to my two. The brute Monty nearly takes my hand off, but Bok is unbelievably gentle. Chalk and Cheese.

Jennytc said...

I think it's fascinating that they all have their own personalities, Cro.

Kate said...

Wise older dog. I know a husband and wife that echo your two dogs.

Jennytc said...

Bet I could guess which is which, Katherine. ;)

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...