"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Saturday, December 17, 2011

Groan!

"Can you make sure you empty the pockets of your jeans properly, please?" I said to Keith this morning. My washing machine is already showing signs of wear and tear and the everlasting offerings of coins and tissues from Keith's pockets don't help.
"I'm fed up with removing all your detritus," I said, to reinforce the point.
His expression was one of outrage.
"I've never had detritus!" he protested. "You can ask the doctor!"


6 comments:

Shooting Parrots said...

You can get proprietary creasm for that at Boots. Don't ask me how I know.

Jennyta said...

Imagination going into overdrive, SP! ;)

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I presumed that Keith was a "new man" and would do all of his own washing. After all, we're not living in Victorian times now.

Jennyta said...

You have to be joking, YP!

John Gray said...

as Basil Brush would say BOOM BOOM X

Jennyta said...

I think even Paddy might too, John. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails