So disappointed!

Having waiting patiently for three whole weeks for the birth certificate of my great grandfather, Charles Ernest Perkins, I got an email yesterday afternoon telling me that they couldn't find one. So that would be why I didn't get anything in the post yesterday then.! So then I went into total disbelief mode and spent half an hour searching through the Free Index of births in an effort to prove them wrong, which I didn't, of course.
Next step was to order his marriage certificate, which should have the name of his father, who is the person I am really trying to track down.
Charles Ernest married a lady from Portland, called Rebecca Sansom Lowman and I know exactly where and when they married, so tracking down the certificate will not take as long this time. However, if his father really did run off with a baronet's daughter, it is quite likely that they didn't actually marry, so I could be up against a brick wall once again.
Well, it keeps me out of mischief, I guess!


8 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Good luck with your future research Jenny. You're like the Miss Marple of the genealogical world!

Jennytc said...

But younger, YP!!!

Shooting Parrots said...

Well I found them marrying in Werymouth in 1874 so the certificate should be easy enough to track down. Is that your tree on Ancestry?

Jennytc said...

It is, SP. Are you on there too? I have sent for their marriage cert. and because I have all the details this time, it will be quicker arriving (hopefully!)

Shooting Parrots said...

Although I use Ancestry a lot, my tree isn't on there. Good luck with your search -- good fun isn't it?!

Jennytc said...

Very addictive, I am finding, SP.

Rosie said...

It tree sounds more interesting than mine. Good luck with your search x

Jennytc said...

Thanks, Rosie. I'm still waiting for the marriage certificate at the moment.

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...