Kingswood Grammar School class of '59

On Saturday I got a letter from an old school friend of mine, one of the very few that I do still keep in some sort of contact with, telling me about a proposed school reunion in a few weeks and asking me if I was interested in going.
A few years ago, when Friends Reunited was all the rage, I joined and scanned down the lists of names, wondering what had happened to those I remembered but then the moment passed and I think I am now at the stage when I don't really want to be dragged into the past again. School days were mostly OK, although, of course, there were ups and downs, but I never have looked back on them as the best days of my life. Heaven forbid!
The problem is that, as the years go by, we change, so the people we were back then are quite different to who we are now and all we are likely to have in common is the idiosyncrasies of our teachers and who kissed who behind the bike sheds - assuming we can remember, of course. After all, we've done half a century of living since then!
So on balance, I think it's going to be a no. Sometimes, it's better just to stick with the memories.
And anyway, what if no-one remembers me?

2 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I agree with you Jenny. The past is often best left back where it belongs. Life should be about looking forward more than about looking back over our shoulders. Besides, there'd be far too many "lads" you practised resuscitation upon behind the bike sheds!

Jennytc said...

Indeed there wouldn't YP. I was very good when I was at school. :)

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...