Bin emptying... or not

It's a beautiful day here in north Wales today. Paddy and I have been out for our walk and I have duly relished in the thought that, while others are holed up in school with classrooms full of children, I am free to wander at will during school hours. Yes, it still gives me a buzz and yes, it is quite pathetic, I know.
Today is bin day, when I expect the bin lorry and 'garbage disposal operatives' to roll up some time during the morning and empty said bins, but today is different. Yes, the entourage rolled up, later than usual, but no matter, the lorry was driven smartly to the end of the cul de sac, turned round and then...
driven smartly back down the road to disappear in the distance.
So, are they coming back?
Did they think they had come to the wrong area?
Are they on strike and forgot until they reached the end of the road?
All human life unfolds before me at this 'ere window, you know!
Maybe I'll just take Paddy out again.

No comments:

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...