3 French Hens


Well no, actually but two geese and a duck sitting on a wall as we went past on our walk this morning, followed by two hens just round the corner in the hedgerow. You never know what might cross your path here in north Wales and, no, it's not always sheep!
It's never easy taking photos with Paddy tugging at his lead in one hand and cameraphone in the other, so this is the best I could do, I'm afraid. Had I been any closer, we might have been having roast goose for dinner tonight.

6 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh I just love this picture! Your morning? walks seem similar to mine - it always brightens up my day seeing the various animals in the village. We have lots of horses in various fields - always a story don't you think?

Jennytc said...

Yes, indeed, mrsnesbitt.As long as we don't meet a cat on our travels, we usually manage to get round without too much of a problem. ;)

©gloop said...

Lovely pic Jenny, full of the approaching Spring. Was there a bustle in the hedgerow?

Jennytc said...

Just a bit, Steve. Those hens can really move when they want to. ;)

Daphne said...

I love the photo - it reminds me SO much of the Welsh countryside and I love it so much!

Jennytc said...

I do too, Daphne and I love living here in north Wales. I've always lived in suburbs of cities before so this makes a welcome change.

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...