No words needed

Yesterday was a spending day. Not in a huge way but it was quite satisfying all the same.
First I found some curtains for the living room which were a bargain, then, the bit between my teeth, I found and reserved online a new TV stand and a DVD shelving unit from Argos. That was at lunchtime and within the hour, I had gone down to the store to collect them and Keith had been put to work assembling them. Of course, I could have done that myself but he was so keen to do it, you know! (Which, translated, means that he probably didn't have any confidence in my DIY abilities.)
So, on to this morning, when I looked at Paddy's 'day bed' in the living room and decided to replace it with a smaller, less untidy looking one.
"What are you doing under my feet, lad?" asked Keith from his computer desk. Then he glanced across the room. "Ah, I see what the problem is. Is she trying to make you lie on that little thing?"
There followed the usual male bonding, when they both looked reproachfully at me and Paddy studiously avoided going anywhere near the new bed.
Needless to say, the status quo was duly restored.

3 comments:

murphyfish said...

Dogs and men eh? with just a look we can achieve miracles.
Regards,
John

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Hang on, not only is the doggy day bed the same but the TV stand is exactly the same as it was when you posted "Wind"! Deja vu as the French croak.

Jennytc said...

So true, John.
YP, I am delighted to see you have been paying attention. The bed is the one I have had to go back to, so yes, it is the same. The TV stand is indeed the old one because, when I was writing the post, Paddy was comfortably ensconced on the sofa (he is allowed in the evening) and I couldn't persuade him to go and lie on the bed for the purpose of having a photo taken, so I used an old one. Guilty as charged, yer 'onour! :)

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...