Mysterious illness

Yesterday was the monthly get-together with Gill and Julie for our 'Ladies who lunch' group. We tried a different place this time and very nice it was. I got home at just after 3.30 and by five o'clock, I had started to feel cold. Half an hour later, I had turned the heating on, was wearing extra layers and clutching a hot water bottle but still shivering uncontrollably. My head ached and I had pains throughout my bones.
Elder Daughter has, in the past, used the word 'hypochondriac' in connection with me. Very unfair, I know, but I can't deny that thoughts of brain tumours, meningitis and other unidentified terminal illnesses did cross my mind as I took myself off to bed.
This morning, I am up and Paddy is waiting patiently for his walk.
I'm not rushing though...
Da dawg will just have to be patient for a little while longer.

6 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Well I hope you feel better soon. The symptoms sound familiar but I am not a doctor.

murphyfish said...

hope that you feel better soon me dear, at least the weather seems to be warming up a tad.
Regards,
John

Jennytc said...

Thanks, both of you. I am feeling better now.

cheshire wife said...

Probably something that you ate. Pleased to see that you are feeling better.

WendyCarole said...

glad to see from your latest comment you feel better.
Thanks for th ecomment you left on my blog

Jennytc said...

Much better, thanks, WendyCarole.

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...