"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Sunday, December 19, 2010

Born in a field


All boy babies are born in a field.
I am drawn to this conclusion from a lifetime of observation which leads me to the inescapable conclusion that men are congenitally incapable of closing doors after them.
This conclusion has been further emphasised by the fact that I have had to close the back door after Keith at least five times this morning, as he was completely unaware of the fact that leaving it open in sub-zero temperatures has an adverse effect on the ambient temperature of the house.
And don't get me started on cupboard doors!

3 comments:

  1. You may be right Jenny. With men it's doors, with women its mouths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And with ex-teachers, it IS apostrophes? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops you got me! Guilty your honour!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails