Walking up the avenue

Imagine, if you will, that life is like a long, winding avenue leading up to a stately home. Now picture the scene last Sunday chez Jennyta, Kathy sitting on the sofa telling me about a Shefield artist who is fast gaining in popularity, Pete McKee. She tells me of someone she knows who bought the first in a series of limited edition paintings for £1000, and it is now worth £16,000. My ears prick up, but, although there are still limited edition paintings to be had, I imagine that they would take longer to increase in value.
"A good investment," Kathy says, "but, yes, you would have to hang on to them for ten or twenty years to get a good return."
And suddenly it hit me. I looked up and saw that the stately home was somewhat nearer than I had thought...

2 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

PeteMcKee has a small gallery/shop on Sharrowvale Road. Limited edition prints are quite reasonably priced.

Jennytc said...

If I'm lucky I might be getting one of his prints for Christmas. :)

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...