"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Sunday, October 03, 2010

Seventies fashion for men?

Seventies fashions, if you can call them that, are making a comeback according to this article in the Independent.
My memories of female seventies fashion is of muddy, sludgy browns and greens and  ill-fitting clothes made in cheap, tatty materials. To my mind, it beat the eighties shoulder pads hands down for bad taste and I can't actually think of anything I liked about it. So please tell me, male fashion gurus who are forecasting the return of seventies style for men, that it does not include flat-fronted viscose trousers, skin-tight fitted shirts with large, pointy collars and white, faux leather  moccasins.
Mind you, I probably don't need to worry about Keith. I think this latest trend will almost certainly pass him by, but if he shows any signs of wanting to grow sideburns again, I shall certainly do my best to guide him in another direction.

7 comments:

  1. I am a man ahead of my time in the world of fashion. I grew to adulthood in the seventies and knew the styles of the time would come back so I simply remained in seventies garb for the next three decades. Sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever, YP. So it's all your fault then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been much of a follower of fashion. Nowadays it's mostly allotment garb, and wellies, that I wear which I guess you'd call the 'Compo' look! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better than those awful flares anyway, Flighty. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to confess to owning a tweed jacket which still makes an appearance once or twice a year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oddly enough, tweed jackets are not what I associate with the seventies, SP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ugliest piece of clothing ever designed was the polyester leisure suit-mid 70s.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails