- Prescriptions can't be collected early as there is no pharmacist until 10am.
- Sometimes, presecriptions can't be picked up at all, if the pharmacist doesn't turn up.
- Prescriptions take a day longer because they are made up in Boots in town and then sent out.
- If they haven't got the medication in stock, they just don't bother.
- If the prescription contains a misprint (eg 1g), they don't bother contacting the surgery to check it out.
"How did you know?" I asked. She nodded to the pharmacist. "She told me."
I have no idea how the pharmacist knows my name as I only ever go there every few weeks to pick up prescriptions and haven't been for a couple of months, but I was most impressed.
Why on earth did I even consider going to Boots rather than coming here? I thought as I went back to the car park.
The answer, of course, was that Boots is nearer and I can call there when I do the weekly shopping but some things are more important. From now on, it will be the independent pharmacy.