After the holiday

I think Keith and I have definitely proved, without a shadow of a doubt, that travelling over twenty four hours with brief naps in the car wasn't the best thing for us to do and of course, we did do it twice just to make sure. The result is that we are still quite tired. We can deduce this from the fact that Keith has been tucked up in bed by 9pm at the latest every evening this week and I have been found slumbering gently on the sofa for a good hour every afternoon. Hopefully, we will eventually get back to normal (whatever that is) like Paddy, who was totally exhausted on his first day back home from the kennels but has since been his usual self. Maybe we will need another holiday to recover from this one.
Meanwhile, I'm off to make a cup of very strong coffee!

4 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I sincerely hope you learn the lesson and travel south in a more measured fashion in future. Campanile and Formule 1 hotels are very reasonably priced and you could use them not only to break up your journey but to have a few hours looking at other little corners of France. As The Eagles sang - "Take it Easy"!

Jennytc said...

That's what we have always done before, YP. Don't really know why we didn't this time. Blame Keith - it was his idea. ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree with YP! It's something I certainly wouldn't do now that's for sure.
I also don't think that it was worthwhile doing when I last did it over 20 years ago! Flighty xx

Jennytc said...

You could be right, Flighty. :)

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...