Paddy here

You know, I sometimes wonder what I have to do to get into Jenny's good books. OK, so she's started giving me little treats when I let a dog go past on our walks without barking at it and I am getting the hang of that, but seriously, would any self-respecting dog stand quietly by when he's got a rabid bulldog growling at him? Of course not, so I do a bit of barking back, just to let the other fellow know I'm no pushover. And then, there are the rabbits. Jenny has discovered a new walk. We have to go halfway round the lake and under a bridge. There's a stream running beside the path there and steps up to another path which leads into a field. This field is one of my favourite places, especially if we go there early in the morning. The reason? It is packed full of delicious scents of rabbits. The place must be full of them! Of course, they keep well out of my way and, as she's got my on this long lead, I can't follow my instincts and charge all over the field like a lunatic until I find one. I only want to play with them, honestly!
Today, we had a glimpse of a fox. It was a bit of a shock actually. It came charging out of the bushes, saw me and shot back in again. Then I spotted a lovely little rabbit and of course I did try to chase it - it was practically shouting 'Come and get me!' but 'the boss' wouldn't let me.
She's such a spoilsport sometimes...

2 comments:

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Dear fellow doggie. My mum and dad are just the same - complete spoilsports. I love a good sniff, zigzagging as I go, going deaf in the process whilst they shout and ball at me to come back. Honestly, they should have bought a cat if they wanted something that sat in a window, swishing its tail and just using them when it wanted a stroke or a nice mouse flavoured tit bit. I mean what were they expecting when they plucked me from my brothers and sisters as we rolled arond our doggie play pen?

You go for it, those rabbits are asking for it of you ask me. But do as I do and console yourself with a sneaky little rabbit poo morsel here and there when they take a minute to appreciate the view. Yummy mummy!

Jennytc said...

Hi there, fellow canine. I actually prefer a good nibble at a lump of horse manure. Jenny is totally disgusted when she catches me, of course. :)

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...