Red wine and exercise

It rained during the night, as forecast, but this morning it's fairly bright if a little breezy and I have a bit of a headache, due to imbibing red wine last night. I feel obliged to drink red wine, at least now and again, whenever I read that it is good for the heart. It is, of course, a huge inconvenience, but, hey! one must look after one's health, innit! Then I am reminded that it contains calories, at least 70 per glass (and that's a small glass) so I decide that maybe I should give it a miss. The problem with the headaches is that, unless I drink wine on a regular basis, (We are only talking a glass or two here, not barrelfuls, you understand.) when I drink it on odd occasions, I invariably wake up with a headache the next morning.
So this morning, as I am not quite a hundred percent head-wise, I am not sure how I am going to occupy my time. (Note to E.D. - I have just planted the peas and beans.) Shall I go for a walk, do some much needed hoovering and cleaning or start digging the garden?
I'm sure I read somewhere that one should not engage in vigorous exercise under the influence of a headache............ That settles it then, feet up with another cup of tea.


No comments:

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...