"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Update on the hens

Elder Daughter reports that the three 'girls' are settling in well and have now learnt to go to bed when they are told. (Fast learners - I could have done with some of them in my class when I was teaching.) Last night she wasn't home till about seven o'clock and found that they had put themselves to bed.
Meanwhile, we are still waiting for the home-check lady to make contact but, as the rescue centre is out in the wilds, I think we may have to wait until the weather improves to collect Paddy anyway.
Today, I shall mostly be attempting to trek out to Chester for my counselling supervision. Should be a breeze, as one of my clients, who rang to cancel her appointment for today commented, "I don't think I can risk coming out there, you get far more snow in north Wales than we do in Chester." We shall see!


4 comments:

Jay said...

Those hens know they're safer shut up in their house than wandering around loose after dark! Sensible birds!

Home check lady? Ah, yes, the delightful Paddy! Good luck - I'm sure you'll do fine! :)

Jennyta said...

Thanks Jay.

Ellee Seymour said...

I imagine it's a huge relief for you not to worry about turning up for school today with the snow. I imagine you are brilliant at your new job.

Jennyta said...

Well, I don't know about brilliant, Ellee, but I certainly enjoy it a whole lot more! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails