Deadline

I now have a very pleasant counselling room, with blinds and a downstairs lavatory nearby in case clients need to 'wash their hands.' As this space under the stairs was previously the home of the vacuum cleaner, ironing board, brushes, mops etc, a new storage space had to be created.
Step forward Superman Keith who has built me a very smart, while unobtrusive broom cupboard in the corner of the conservatory. I say he has built it, and so he has, right down to the last few screws...
"So will it take very long to finish off?" I enquire guardedly as he sits in front of his computer instead of getting on with it.
Sharp intake of breath: "Oooh, difficult to say..."
"Well, do you think it will be finished before 10 o'clock tomorrow morning, when my client comes?" I persist.
"Aaah, well, possibly.... but then....."
So I am left with a dilemma.
Should I just put everything in for now and shut the door on it all or, if I do that, will the whole damn thing collapse?
And the other question occupying my mind:
What is it about men that they find it so difficult, if not impossible, to FINISH a job???


3 comments:

Dale said...

What do you mean by that, Jenny? We men sometimes get sidetracked and momentarily lose focus, but we very rarely ...

Hmmmm. I'm hungry. I wonder if there's any of that Indian leftover left over.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Oi! No need to be so sexist! Bracketing all men in the same way. It's just like saying that all women are gossips whose map reading skills are zilch or saying that they only like reading soppy romantic novels or saying that they are obsessed with their outward appearance...On second thoughts you could be right...

Jennytc said...

Hmmm, see what I mean, Dale? :)

YP I can possibly hold up my hands to the last one and, maybe at times the map-reading one - and of course I'm right. Women are always right. You should know that by now. ;)

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...