"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Saturday, October 13, 2007

Le weekend



OK, I know I've been neglecting my blog recently, but life continues to be frantic. However, I did take the day off today to go to Chester to do the 'ladies who lunch' thing with last year's head teacher and secretary. We had a lovely afternoon, talked the proverbial legs off several donkeys and parted with a date agreed for our next get-together.


Half term is the week after next and we will be having a visitor for the week. Yes, it's the little white fellow in the photo - Jake, who currently belongs to Keith's son, Giles, but is coming to us for a week with a view to possible permanent residence after Christmas when I am no longer teaching full time. He could never replace Lucy, but he is such a little sweetie.


5 comments:

  1. I had a dog that looked just like that when I was a child.
    Your photo is like staring back in time. Amazing! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you insert the batteries in Jake to make him go? I can suggest somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a Bichon Freize, Daphne.

    YP have you no soul? You, you, Yorkshire man, you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the Powder-Puff Kid from when you blogged about him before. If he does take up residence I'm sure that he, and you, will be very happy!
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that breed, Jenny.

    I'm not a dog person as such but those things are like candy floss on legs.

    http://tinyurl.com/3xmqr3

    Ian

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails