Monday morning


All ready to start building the walls.
So where's the brickie gone?
On Friday evening, the two lads who were working on the base disappeared, leaving the hose and extension lead still attached in the kitchen and stretching right across the patio doors. I managed to get the hose tidied up by taking one end and walking round the wet concrete to the window and then rolling it up. When it came to the extension lead, it wasn't quite long enough to walk round with it, so divergent thinking was called for.
Back in the kitchen, I unplugged it, then climbed out of the kitchen window, (one half of the window on the left of the picture) plug in hand, and walked round to the gates so that I could roll it up. Sounds complicated? Just a bit.

9 comments:

Laura said...

Someday, it'll be nice.

Jennytc said...

I'm living in hope!:)

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Where the hell did you get these builders from? I think I know who they are - Bodgitt and Pisov Ltd? Fingers crossed for you babe! By the way, what exactly do you plan to do with this Conservatory? Provide asylum seekers with sleeping accommodation?

Jennytc said...

The actual building work is very good, YP. I'll show more pictures later. I am going to use the conservatory for my counselling. It can be shut off from the rest of the house and it will have it's own entrance separate from the house - so, as Keith says, I'll be able to traumatise the clients in peace. ;)
I thought you'd be impressed at my climbing out of the window!

Laura said...

"thought you'd be impressed at my climbing out of the window!"

Well, hmm, that's one way of coming out. (I know, pretty dumb.)

Jennytc said...

I was quite proud of myself, Laura. It is a very small window, you know! :)

Dale said...

Ah yes. A small window for a wasp-waisted girl like you, dear Jenny. Perhaps, if the counselling gig doesn't work out, you might consider a career as a burglar.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jenny ! ! ! What's it like, entering your 8th decade of life ?????? ;0)

Jennytc said...

Dale, I wish!!
Craig, like I said in my email 'the second word is off'!!

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...