"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Catch-up day

I was looking at the latest missive from Royal Mail about the changes in post pricing.
"It comes into effect on 21st August - a special day," I remarked.
Keith immediately assumed that hunted look which indicates that the significance of this day is something he should remember but doesn't.
"Something I should know about?" he asked desperately clutching at straws.
"Oh yes," I said.
He screwed up his face and gazed at the ceiling in the hope that inspiration might yet strike.
"Catch-up day?" he suggested hopefully.
"Catch-up day?" I queried.
"The day you become the same age as me again."
"That's the one," I said.

2 comments:

Dale said...

That Keith is quite a wit, isn't he? Note I said wit, Jenny, not twit. LOL!

Jennyta said...

He certainly is, Dale. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails