Work? Oh sorry, no

The week before last was half term, so no work for me. Last week some schools were still off, having taken a fortnight, which means that they will have a shorter summer holiday, and still no work. (There's only so much housework, grass cutting, car washing and blog surfing one can do!)
And then on Wednesday afternoon the phone rang. Could I do the next two days with a Y6 class?
Not my favourite age group - too many hormones - but I said yes and then spent the next two hours searching for work to do with them. Just as I had finished, the phone rang again.
"Sorry, we're going to have to cancel you. The class teacher is coming back."
Hmm, didn't think I was THAT notorious!


3 comments:

Michelle said...

You're not getting a complex are you?!!

Jennytc said...

Who, me??? ;)

Jennytc said...

You're probably right, Jonathan. Year 6 are the 11 year olds who are about to leave primary school to go to High school and at this time of year they can be difficult to contain!

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...