"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Work? Oh sorry, no

The week before last was half term, so no work for me. Last week some schools were still off, having taken a fortnight, which means that they will have a shorter summer holiday, and still no work. (There's only so much housework, grass cutting, car washing and blog surfing one can do!)
And then on Wednesday afternoon the phone rang. Could I do the next two days with a Y6 class?
Not my favourite age group - too many hormones - but I said yes and then spent the next two hours searching for work to do with them. Just as I had finished, the phone rang again.
"Sorry, we're going to have to cancel you. The class teacher is coming back."
Hmm, didn't think I was THAT notorious!


4 comments:

Michelle said...

You're not getting a complex are you?!!

Jennyta said...

Who, me??? ;)

Jonathan said...

hm...I'm not quite sure what age group Y6 is, but if it was anything like my 8th/9th grade class....God was looking out for you when they cancelled on you.

Jennyta said...

You're probably right, Jonathan. Year 6 are the 11 year olds who are about to leave primary school to go to High school and at this time of year they can be difficult to contain!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails