What's going on???

I sometimes wonder if 'Him up there' is having a laugh. This morning, I woke up to 5 inches of snow and still falling. After lunch, I struggled out to shovel the snow off Keith's Range Rover, in a bid to use that instead of my car to visit him in hospital. Having finally gained entry, I turned the key in the ignition and............nothing. The battery has evidently gone flat as a result of not having been used for ten days. So, as it was now raining and there were faint indications that an early thaw could be on the way, on to plan B - use my car and hope for the best.
The tricky part is getting out of the estate as the exit is a slope, but I managed that and set off down the road, driving in the tracks left by those who had passed before me. Before long, I felt it was not very safe and so decided to turn back for home. As I did so, a snow plough sped past, scattering grit as it went. "Great!" I thought, "I'll follow that and have another go."
So I did. I'm not sure what sort of grit they were using, but it didn't seem to be making any difference to the road surface and half way along the road, I skidded.
(By the way, I would like to offer my grateful thanks to the two men standing in their front garden, who watched my struggles as I turned the car yet again and headed back for home. I hope I gave them a few moments of entertainment.)
Back home again and I attempted, without success, to turn round so that I could park in an outgoing direction, as usual. Next plan, drive to the end of the cul de sac, turn round there and come back, which I eventually managed to do with a great deal of slipping and sliding.
So now, my car is once more parked outside and hopefully awaiting its journey to school in the morning................we live in hope!

No comments:

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...