"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Keyboards with legs

I sold a new keyboard to a customer yesterday morning and he went off quite happily with it. Half an hour later, the phone rang. It was my customer:
Hello. I've just set my keyboard up with my computer but it's wobbling. I can't get it level at all.

It should have 2 little legs at the back which you pull out so that it stays level.

No, I've looked. There's nothing like that. I'll have to bring it back. Wait a minute. I'll just go upstairs and have another look.

(I wait on the phone for the next few minutes.)

Hello? Yes, actually there are two legs to pull out. I didn't see them before. It' fine now.

All in a day's work. Remember my idea about passing a test before being allowed to have a computer? Seems like a good idea. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails