Food, glorious food!

We have ordered food for the Christmas period online and it has been delivered. We have been to the local supermarket to get all the things we forgot when ordering online and we have managed to find a home for everything - just - although the turkey proved a bit of a problem. I did suggest hanging it in the shed until we need to cook it. The fact that the shed is dirty and full of spiders doesn't bother me as I don't eat meat! However, Keith thought it might be better to put it in the Camaro (the car in the back garden - keep up!). In fact, he thought that if we switched on the heater that he has been using to dry it out (the car not the turkey), it could gradually cook over the next few days (the turkey, not the car).
As luck would have it, we managed to squeeze it into the fridge, but two questions spring to mind:

1. Why is it that when men do the food shopping, they always assume that we are going to be living under seige conditions for the next six months?

2. Who has bought up all the dry ginger? Couldn't find any anywhere!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh you big show off!!! I've done no food shopping yet, and i get xmas before you do..LOL. I better get my skates on. I do love the green btw :o)

JustSue said...

Not gotten our Christmas groceries done yet either, but it's on the agenda for today.

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...