The future?

So, what to do with all this wonderful free time that is going to sweep me off my feet in 6 weeks time? The best thing about 'downgrading' from deputy headteacher, as I did last summer, was that I actually had time to pursue other interests. Not a lot, but enough to take on a course in counselling (2 hours a week plus homework) which I have enjoyed so much. I can't remember the last time I had time to do any further study that wasn't school related! Now, I have applied to do a certificate in counselling, precursor to a diploma which should lead to a new career of some sort.
Still have to have some sort of income, so I shall be signing up for supply work in the local area - which will be interesting as it will be a chance to get a look at other schools and to teach without being bogged down by all the inevitable paperwork and responsibilities that go with permanent posts. Then there is Keith's business - I enjoy helping out in his computer shop whenever I can and I'll continue to do that.
Best of all will be a trip to France for us both - in September, when everyone else is back at school - because I CAN!!! Well, it will be more fulfilling and less annoying to past colleagues than making faces through their classroom windows! (As if!!!)
In the meantime, any other spare time is spent meandering round North Wales. Keith and I are thinking of writing a book about travels around North Wales. He seems to know every nook and cranny of the area and now he has me to get out to open and close gates for him - and sweet talk the sheep and cows out of the way. He has fascinating theories too - like the mysterious mini monument to be found on the way to Ffestiniog from Pentrefoelas, which he maintains is a prehistoric bus shelter (The Welsh being a very forward-looking race!). Then there is his theory, until now, top secret - remember you saw it here first - that the windmills around the north west coast are eventually to be harnessed in separating Wales from the mainland, along Offa's Dyke of course. If that should happen within the next 6 weeks, it would be most useful as it would provide a cast iron excuse for not being able to get to work - even the Runcorn Bridge wouldn't be much use to me then!

No comments:

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...