Driving home

Friday afternoon,driving home is a pain. The journey is an hour long anyway, longer if they are digging up Runcorn Bridge, which they are about to start doing again next week, but Friday evenings in the summer months, everyone in the whole world who possesses a caravan, and quite a few who don't, decide at 3.30pm. that they absolutely, simply MUST spend the weekend in North Wales, so having crawled over the Bridge and along the approach road to the M56, I eventually fight my way into the caravan train heading east. After that, it's crawl, crawl all the way. So, today I decided to go through the Wallasey tunnel instead. That way, all I have to do is crawl partway into Liverpool, streak through the tunnel and catch up with the same gridlog of caravans etc. near the end of the M53.
However, all is not lost! Not when Keith comes up with such mind-boggling ideas - and boy! was he on tip top mental form tonight! What I need, he suggested, was a flashing orange light on the roof of the car and, to go with it, a flashing sign saying
EMERGENCY! TEACHER GOING HOME!!!!

Then, he reckons, everyone will clear out of my way, the roads will be deserted in an instant and I shall be through Walton Vale and into that tunnel in a matter of minutes!
Now, why didn't I think of that?
All I have to do now is track down a manufacturer of the above sign - or better still - set up my own company - another possibility for my next career move???

No comments:

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...