However, I did find myself doing my 'rabbit in the headlights' act quite a lot. This is because, whenever someone said something to me I had to:
- mentally translate what they had said
- decide what my answer would be
- translate said answer into welsh (vocabulary knowledge permitting)
- check that I had any mutations right
- if a 'yes' was needed, decide which was the appropriate one. (welsh has quite a few).
On the plus side, listening to the general conversation, I did manage to understand/guess most of what was being said, so not all bad.
And I have agreed to go again next week.
Ever the glutton for punishment!