"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Saturday, April 28, 2012

Riding high

This is Younger Daughter on her pony, Star in action last weekend. This pony is usually referred to as 'Asbo Pony' but that day she behaved herself - more or less...
Meanwhile, today is Keith's birthday, which means that for the next four months, he will be a year older than me again. Keith and I generally have the same attitude towards birthdays - they are best ignored - but he still gets cards and presents and, importantly for him, a cake!
Only a very small one.
"Look on it as me saving you from yourself," I suggested.
He wasn't convinced.


8 comments:

  1. Wow! What a far-out design on the cake top. You must have spent ages on it. Where did you get the idea for it? Somehow it reminds me of "Colour Study: Squares with Concentric Circles" by Wassily Kandinsky. Is there a connection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sainsbury's best, I'm afraid, YP. :)

      Delete
  2. ...Oh and Happy Birthday to Sir Keith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to pass on your good wishes, kind sir.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to Keith. It's also a friend's birthday today. His present; a Pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cro. I'm sure a pineapple would have been far more beneficial but sadly, a lot less welcome. ;)

      Delete
  4. We only have your word for it that it's small cake. They could be giant Smarties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is, SP - the smallest I could find, but don't tell him that. ;)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails