"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Tuesday, December 20, 2011

You know that meat in the fridge?

This video of the 'talking dog' was featured on Breakfast TV this morning and Keith greeted me with it when I came down this morning. Of course, the next step was to line Paddy up for a few lessons. After all, if a German Shepherd can do it, so can our little mutt.
Wrong.
"Paddy," I said, as he sat obediently in front of me, "you know that meat in the fridge?"
Paddy shook his head firmly and wandered off to lie on his cushion.
A bit more practice, I think.

9 comments:

  1. Have you noticed that you never see the dog's owner? I'm pretty sure he was throwing his voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "That Meat in the Fridge". Wasn't that a 1967 hit for Wales's own Tom Jones?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that you mention it, SP...
    In 1967, YP, you wouldn't have been old enough to know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was very funny when I saw it but isn't it a good thing that dogs can't really talk? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you could be right there, Rosie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have looked at that YouTube clip several times and have come to the conclusion that the dog isn't really talking. What seems to be happening is that a human voice has been over-dubbed - cleverly synchronised with movements of the dog's mouth. Things are not always as they appear Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No way! You've ruined my day, YP!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Paddy had the right idea!
    Have a good Christmas. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you're right, Flighty! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails