An autumn walk

Today being sunny and promising to stay that way for a couple of hours, I decided Paddy and I should put our best foot (paws) forward and high-tail it up to Coedpoeth, a round trip of about five miles. 

'Up' to Coedpoeth is an accurate description of the walk and walking along the narrow pavement beside the high street once we get there is no picnic with Paddy in tow, but we still enjoyed it, although on the way back, Paddy did turn to me with an expression that said, "We have to walk all the way back? YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS, MAN!"
"Don't worry," I told him, "It's downhill on the way back."
Back home, he is lying there like a coiled spring, ready for action...

6 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I must say that Paddy looks like David Hasslehoff lying there stark naked on the carpet! Perhaps you could get Keith to replicate that pose?

Jennytc said...

David Hasselhoff??? How?
And no, I almost certainly couldn't ;)

Anonymous said...

If it was as nice there as it was here then it was a grand morning was a walk like that.
As for Paddy the word has to be...Zonked! Flighty xx

Jennytc said...

Too true, Flighty! :)

Shooting Parrots said...

Please don't say 'autumn'. I'm still hanging on to the idea that I might wake up one morning and find that summer has finally arrived, if only for a day.

Jennytc said...

I know, SP. I go through that train of thought every year!

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...