"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Thursday, July 07, 2011

A winner!


For the past few years, Keith has done the lottery online and often won £10, which he disregarded as paltry, but which I thought was pretty good really and at least it was £10 better than nothing. However, as we both would have preferred a larger win, just a couple of million would do, I kept encouraging him, as in "You're obviously not doing it properly. Try harder!"
This morning, however, he informed me that we had won £156!
I have to inform you now that our lives will not change and we don't intend to spend it on a 5 bedroomed, detached house in a desirable area, plus a couple of top of the range cars, a yacht and private helicopter. No, we will continue to be ordinary, everyday people continuing to go about our normal, everyday lives.
To avoid disappointment, however, and because a refusal often offends, I would like to state that begging letters will be disregarded.
I know, it's tough, but there you are!

8 comments:

  1. Jenny - - what a wonderful, warm human being you are. Just mentioning it. In passing. In case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I post my begging letters here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daphne, your compliment is duly noted. ;)
    SP, the second word is 'off'! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! The boot's on the other foot!

    Reading your post prompted me to check my own lotto tickets. Guess what? Not one, but two £10 prizes.

    Just finished booking my flights to the Bahamas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and well done. It's very brave of you not to let it change your lives. I would spend, spend spend all £156 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surely if you lower your sights to a 4 bedroom house instead, you should even get some change. You are in Wales after all !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wondering, did you miss the multiplier 'k' off the winning amount: £156k or maybe that should be 'M' with your current aspirations?
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, SP. We'll be round tonight. ;)
    Rosie, Keith already has plans for it - boring man stuff though. :(
    Ian, if only...!
    Lucy, sadly no. Just living in cloud cuckoo land, as usual. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails