"Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you," said the wisest of wise men. "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."



('The Alchemist' Paulo Coelho)




Saturday, July 09, 2011

Wheels!

Today the weather is lovely, here in Barmouth. Paddy has been for his walk and was trusted to run free on the beach for a while. For the first moment, he couldn't quite believe his luck, but he was good and came back when called. 
And then, the time I could put off no longer, a bike ride. Only a little one as I haven't touched my bike for three years. I am not one of the world's naturally co-ordinated biker riders. I hang on to the handlebars like grim death and hope no-one gets in my way, but today, I couldn't really go wrong, cycling along the promenade from the caravan site to Barmouth itself, all level, no hills or even mild slopes; my idea of an ideal cycling route. Also, the weather is lovely, no wind today, a few white, scudding clouds and....sun! We could almost be in France.



And, at the end of the prom, they even had a bench all ready and waiting with my name on. Now that's what I call service.

8 comments:

John Gray said...

I have never been... but after your pics I would love to try a day or so there

Shooting Parrots said...

I have fond memories of family holidays in Barmouth as a kid, but especially the Social Cycles you could hire. Four wheels, two mpairs of legs and a steering wheel -- much harder to fall of!

Jennyta said...

You would love it, John.
SP, sounds like my kind of bicycle. ;)

Dale said...

Never been to Barmouth, Jenny, but we live on a street called Dartmouth. The locals call it "Dart Mouth" but it's the same as a city near Halifax, Nova Scotia where the locals call it "Dartmith." Is Barmouth pronounced like Plymouth and Dartmouth and ... ? Perhaps I should shut my mith and return to my journal. ;)) Love the pics, btw!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

You could "almost be in France"? Well apart from the food perhaps. Welsh cuisine is hardly on a par with French fayre is it? I am glad you enjoyed your bike ride - cycling on the flat is delightful and good for us.

Jennyta said...

Welsh cuisine when Keith does it comes a reasonably close second, YP. ;)

Yorkshire Pudding said...

What is Welsh cuisine nanyway? Cheese on toast with a lamb chop on the side?

Jennyta said...

Thought that was Yorkshire cuisine, YP! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails