Decorating done

At the end of two frantic days, the kitchen and dining room are both now pristine in their new, clean decoratedness and I am prostrate in my exhaustion. Every bone in my body is protesting and I feel as though I need a week in bed to recover. Admittedly, I painted the ceilings this time and the walls of the dining room needed two coats, but I'm sure I don't recall being quite so tired after decorating these rooms last time.
Prior to this weekend, I had plans for moving on to the living room as my next 'project'. Visions of a new colour scheme and one wall papered in a dynamic up to date design filled my head. Now, however, as I look around said living room, I am persuaded that:
  • the ceiling does not need painting at present
  • nor do the walls
  • I can live without a feature wall
  • I can get by with just re-doing the glossing.
Of course, should we win the lottery in the near future, all decorating plans will be back on with a vengeance, the only difference being that I shall be paying someone else to do it!
Oh, and anyone who feels the need to make some remark about 'not being as young as you were' will be beheaded - instantly.

4 comments:

Rosie said...

We've had two pots of paint sitting in the cupboard for weeks now.
A few years ago we would have bought the paint and done in straight away. Now we are building ourselves up to it.

Jennytc said...

I know the feeling, Rosie. You have to be in the mood! ;)

cheshire wife said...

We have not quite finished round one of the decorating in the cottage and the idea of having to do it all again soon does not bear thinking about.

Jennytc said...

Well, you won't have to think about it again for a while, CW. ;)

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...