Dental hygiene

I had to go to the vet on Thursday - something to do with a 'booster' whatever that is, and a health check. The appointment was early and I think Jenny arranged that specially because, when we got there, there were no cats, no animals of any kind, in fact, and we went straight in to see the vet. She poked and prodded me and said I was a nice dog. I was doing a lot of sniffing around the floor and Jenny said I  had probably picked up the scent of cats.
"He likes cats, he just couldn't eat a whole one," she said and the vet said, "Ah yes, he has Border terrier in him," as if that explained everything. I don't know why Jenny assumes I couldn't eat a whole one, she's never given me the chance to try!
Anyway, I bore my injection very stoically (Bet you didn't think I would know a word like that!) and then the vet looked at my teeth and said that they could do with cleaning, so she suggested either Dentastix (yum, yum) or a dog toothbrush or special wipes.
Later, Jenny went shopping and came back with Dentastix and some dental wipes.
You're really going to put your fingers in his mouth?" Keith asked incredulously (See, another big word).
Well, so far, she's given me Dentastix.
The pot of wipes is still sitting on the dining room table...

7 comments:

Daphne said...

He types very nicely, too. Our cats couldn't do that.

Jennytc said...

Paddy would probably say that's because he is much more intelligent than cats. Experience tells me that's definitely not true! :)

INVOICE said...

That will be 45 guineas. Pyment is required within seventy two hours of consultation and/or treatment.
Myfanwy Thomas RCVS
WREXHAM VETERINARY SERVICES LTD.
ripemov@chequemail.com

Jennytc said...

Daylight robbery!! YP:-)

Anonymous said...

I've heard a skinful of cat can freshen the breath, Paddy. I highly recommend it.
Lucy
Verify: wednex, so only a couple of days to wait till you get lucky.

Jennytc said...

Maybe I won't tell him that, Lucy! :)

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading Paddy's posts as they always make me smile! Flighty xx

Plaster board and dust

So, we're still no further forward on the British Gas smart meter front and I've given up making non-existent appointments with them...